Saturday, October 23, 2010

I don't think we're in Provo any more, Toto...

So, since enough pageviews have happened since my first post I figure it's worth writing things on the blog.  "I just want to thank all of my readers who made the first day of this blog a success..."  Anyway, the biggest change in life for me lately has been the move from ultra-conservative Provo, UT and BYU to Indianapolis, IN and the liberal arts college atmosphere of Butler University.  Without further ado, I give you the top ten ways you know you aren't in Provo anymore:

10. An 8 minute walk on campus went from standard practice to something I hear people complain about.
9.  There is a girl smoking two steps outside the residence hall door as I move my things in.
8.   Lavell Edwards Stadium(Provo) seats 64,045; the Butler Bowl (Indy) seats 5,647.
7.  "Wet Wednesdays"
6.  One of my professors (male) has a life partner (also male).
5.   "Thirsty Thursdays"
4.  Homecoming Saturday included a 6:00 AM trip to the bars in Broad Ripple, apparently the normal weekend drinking isn't enough on Homecoming, so they squeeze in a little bit more in the morning to get things going...
3.  Fraternities...nuff said
2.  Sororities...nuff said plus sometimes they find reasons to dress like skanks
1.  Our Basketball team actually wins tournament games.  GO DAWGS!!!

2 comments:

Ian said...

Never look back. Never go back. Welcome to real life, again.

kyleb said...

I thought that Provo was just a really bad dream that I had once. It was real? Terrifying.