Saturday, October 23, 2010

First Post

So I now have a blog. I realize I'm way behind the curve here, but with technology, that is just what I do. I didn't own a cell phone until I went back to school after serving a two year church mission. The mission was from 2003-2005, I went back to school that Fall. And even then I wouldn't have had a cell phone unless my parents decided to get a family plan and gave me one of the phones on it for free. I didn't own an Ipod until I decided to get one as my graduation gift from BYU. Once again, thanks mom and dad, if they hadn't been in the gift-giving mood at my college graduation I probably still wouldn't own one of those either. My first laptop computer (on which I am coincidentally writing this post) came at the beginning of my pharmacy program. It is a built in part of the program, hence I got one. Again, if not for the outside influence I probably still wouldn't own one. So for those keeping score that's: First cell phone-2005, from parents; first Ipod-2009, from parents, and first laptop-2010, from graduate program. I guess in finally starting a blog, I actually decided to do it of my own free will, rather than someone saying, "here, I set up a blog for you, get with the times", so I am starting to discover technology advances and trends for myself a little bit. And thus begins my blog...

4 comments:

Ian said...

A wild diatribe to begin what will surely be an epic journey.

Jenna and Drew said...

I'm proud of you Gary, you are growing up in the technology world so fast! :) I still don't have an ipod, so I think that now makes me behind you since you have a blog now. Hope school is going well.

rawhide said...

ha ha bunker! i have a blog....i only started it years ago so my peeps could see my pictures from traveling! as for the other technology....i would be behind as well if it wasn´t for people giving them to me...aka my dad with his laptop and his old ipod because he upgraded! i´m excited to read your blog. you can check out mine too.

Laurel said...

Do you want me to add you to my blog roll? You're movin' on up!