Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Report Teaser

So, I'm sitting in the Denver International Airport right now on my way to SeaTac and then a scenic drive down to the greater Portland area.  I didn't get patted down this morning and I didn't get naked photos of myself leaked to the net...I feel a little let down by my friendly neighborhood TSA agent, or is the photo thing like the paparazzi, hiding in the airport security...bushes...?  Did it happen without me even knowing?  I guess someone who watches TMZ or similar shows will just have to keep me informed on the "Gary Bunker streaks through airport" story if/when it breaks.

Airport food is expensive.  Airport food is gross.  I've decided against purchasing airport food.

I feel like such a high-tech traveler with my laptop out accessing the airport's WiFi.  The fact that this makes me feel special proves I am a dork.  I know it was already official, but what's better than proof?  More proof. 

At the beginning of this trip I'd never actually seen someone use the barf bag on an airplane before, I realize they are probably very discrete about it and don't announce to the world when they are about to blow chunks.  But I've been on a good number of airplanes, all of them had barf bags, so I wondered where the market for those things was.  This morning that all changed.  Thank you person in 16B  for laying my questions to rest (I was in 16C just fyi). 

As promised this is a Holiday Report Teaser.  So here goes...Chicago Deepdish, Sketchy Whitecastle, the Ole Kansas Homestead, Several wardrobe additions by my fashion consultants, Saying no to gross airport food,  Seattle, Portland, Snowboarding, and more!!!  Be ready world, when this monthlong adventure that we at Butler call Christmas break is over, it should make for some good story material.  Maybe not the stuff of legend...but Maybe the stuff of legend! 

Til then, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, a Festivious Festivus, Happy Hanukkah, Kool Kwanza, and Happy Holiday to everyone.    

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I've become an official follower. Love your writing and point of view!

B.B. Thorley said...

You make DIA sound so like such an adventure. I had no idea you had such a great writing voice.