Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Music on the Blog!

So, there is now a playlist on the blog...we'll try to make a preemptive strike here and answer some questions that could possibly be asked about it...

Yes, Ian, I did steal the idea of having a playlist from your blog, just remember, mimickry is the sincerest form of flattery. 

Yes, there are two country songs on the list, now you know two of the five that I actually enjoy listening to.

Yes, there is a rap song on the list.  There are a few more than five that I will admit to liking, there are probably less than five that I felt were appropriate for all audiences (trying to keep the blog PG or at least a questionable PG-13).

Yes it seems like a very random jumble of different songs and genres, I prefer just to say that my tastes in music are very eclectic...another example of how word choice helps you put the right spin on a statement.  Some others:  "It's not you, it's me..."(is it?), "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." (so much for the PG), "Yes we did!" (uh-huh, did what exactly?), "no offense, but...[fill in offensive statement here]" and the closely related "[fill in offensive statement here], I'm just saying...".  So in order to put the right spin on how I'm feeling right now and  to once more mimick...or should I say flatter? you Ian, let me just sum up this post by saying, "Damn it feels good to be a gangster!"

3 comments:

Ian said...

Multiple references. I'm flattered. Damn it feels good to be a blogger.

Dan Heintz said...

The message I got here:

"Due to licensing restrictions, some or all tracks may not be available for playback in your country."

Gary Bunker said...

Well, Dan, that's what you get for living in a country full of communists...now I know you'd say, wait a minute! The Soviet Union fell, but I have it on good authority (or maybe on the word of a conspiracy theorist that got arrested for anti-government graffiti that he graffitied on governement buildings) that it's just a matter of time before the Soviets again rise up and take power. Today it's soundtracks not available, tomorrow it'll be warheads in suitcases being taken who knows where. (who do you think came up with that theory as well? Man, that guy was entertaining to talk to...)